Thursday, June 21, 2012

New comp...June 11, 2012


Hey Everyone!!!

Alrighty, so kinda some crazy changes again. First off, my kid (Elder Bailon) went to Saltos del Guaira which is on the border of Brazil. It is such a cool place, I am sure it will be a alot like Pedro Juan where I was when I started, so he was excited. I got changed as well, but not very far away, basically we did a switch with the Hermanas in my district, so we are doing another white wash! At first I was a little bummed, but I am excited, and glad President trusted me to do another white wash with my new comp. His name is Elder Bliss, and he is a cool guy. He is from Sandy, Utah, and is a hard worker. I think we will have some good success in this area with the help of the members. There are a lot of investigators that never were baptized, but have gone to church a ton, so we are excited to work with them.

Nothing too crazy happened this week, we are just trying to get our feet on the ground so we can start running. I don't know for sure and I don't want it to be, but this could be my last area. It would be cool though, because I get to see the members and converts from Laurelty on Sundays, so if I do die here it will be a fun despedida (farewell). We had a really cool lesson this week with an old investigator of the hermanas and she is way cool!!! She has had a really hard life and just wants to be happy and get out of the desert as she says. Justo, Nephi, and his family were in the desert too! She really liked that part and she commented on the Alma the Younger part and Alma's repentance process. She is a way cool lady. Her name is Ingrid and she is 6 months pregnant. Hopefully, we see some progress there. I love you all so much, and got to go cuz tengo chivivi!

Love
Elder Pearson


Happy Father's Day

First off Dad, I love you, and am so grateful that Heavenly Father gave me you as a father. I think the greatest blessing, besides all the other ones that you have given me, is the blessing of your example. Knowing that you are a worthy Priesthood Holder who magnifies his calling, and loves his wife and family, is the best example to me. I will never forget the yearly blessings you would give us before each school year and how important they were for us. Also, I am so grateful for how hard you work, and the help you have given to me to be able to have nice things, go to school, and go cool places. Your testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, has strengthened my testimony of the church, and even though I don't rely on your testimony, I used to, and it was the aid that I needed in order to gain one myself. Thank you so much dad for all the good times playing basketball, soccer, or anything, and still beating me even though you're an old fart! I will never forget those times, especially when Mom went out of town and we would have to cook for ourselves and we would usually make burritos or nachos with that enchilada sauce. Ha, I will be honest I wish I could go back to high school and relive it so I could spend more time with you and Mom and less with my friends. Even though that is something that a lot of missionaries say when they leave on their missions, I mean it and I really can't wait to be able to hang out again with you. I love you Dad, and I am so grateful for your guidance and aid when I need it. I know I can always go to two dads and receive aid. My Heavenly Father and you.

Love
Elder Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment