Thursday, June 21, 2012

Changes tonight... June 4, 2012

Dear Family and Friends!

Things are great, and it is finally starting to get really cold here, so I can use these few winter clothes I have packed away in my bags. Nothing too crazy has happened this past week. We have been working hard, and doing a lot of talking with different people, and it has helped us find some cool people. Tonight we have our changes and I will see if I stay or if I go! We will see what the Lord has in store for me.
Church on Sunday was really good, and even though it rained which meant less people, and no investigators, Lorena came, and she had the courage to get up there and bear her testimony. It was soooo cool to see her bear her testimony, but more to hear her bear it with the spirit as her guide. She basically told her conversion story and how she never thought she would be a member of the Mormon church, but that the spirit changed and softened her heart. It was really cool, and I am glad I have been able to be apart of her conversion to this gospel.
We also had the chance to take some cool pictures on top of our building where we live. It is pretty high up and when the sun sets it looks really cool. This week I gave my district meeting on "Talking with Everyone and Following the Spirit." In missionary work we are costantly walking around and we see so many people and every once in awhile the spirit will direct us to certain people. I shared a story in Acts 8: 25-38. It is a perfect example of what can happen if we follow the promptings that the spirit gives us in our lives, especailly while here on the mission, hoping that the Lord will put these people in front of you. I love this work and I love my Savior. I know he died for me, and I know he lives and that through him I can have eternal life. I am so grateful for the pains he went through for me personally and for all of us. He has saved me and will continue to save me, and I can never repay him for his help and aid. I love you guys! God bless you!
Love
Elder Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment