Monday, April 2, 2012

THIS WEEK WAS TOUGH!!! 3/26/12

First off, since I didn't get to say it before your birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!! I love you so much and I sent you a letter that should be getting to you soon. 
 
THIS WEEK WAS TOUGH!!!
 
I think I can safely say this has been one of the hardest weeks of my mission as far as the work goes.  We worked hard, and kept trying our best, but no one wanted to talk to us.  I think Satan really came out swinging this week, but tranquilo we are going to work really hard in this next week. Wednesday was the hardest day of the week. We didn't get into a house all day until 8 oclock at night!!  It was rough.  We had a set cita (appointment), but it fell as well because nobody answered the door. So basically we were walking around contacting and we decided to go to a lady that we had had one visit with and she commited to reading the Book of Mormon.  So we go and clap the house. She comes out with the Book Of Mormon in hand.  I thought, O sweet she was reading and studying the scriptures.  WRONG.  haha  She came to the door and said, "Your book doesn't convince me, I dont want to hear from you guys again."  All I could say was Wow.  So we left her door and basically were in the middle of the street.  I felt like we should go back to the house where nobody answered so we went and finally, after three loud claps, she came to the door.  She said she had been in the backyard and couldn't hear very well, so she didn't know.  It was a good lesson though and really it just felt good to sit down and share my testimony for once that day.  But, we always learn from our trials and really more than anything this tough week just pumped me up for the next one.  We are going to kill it.

For my personal studies I have been reading the talks from last general conferance and came across the relief  society section and thought...... Nooo, I will just read my scriptures, these things probably won't apply to me.  haha.  But then I saw a talk by Pres. Uchtdorf called "Forget Me Not" and it caught my attention. So I read it and it could have been one of the best talks last conference.  He talks about Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and how everyone goes crazy about finding the Golden Ticket, but forgets the sweet taste of a simple chocolate bar.  For example the rich girl that throws all the chocolate away just to find the golden ticket.  But then you have Charlie who loved every bite of his chocolate bar even though it didn't have a golden ticket.  Pres. Uchtdorf says this, ¨The happiest people I know are not those who find their golden ticket, they are those who, while in pursuit of worthy goals, discover and treasure the beauty and sweetness of the everyday moments.¨   I love that!!!!  Even though we had a rough week, I didn't take the time to remember all the great blessings the Lord did give us like a random dinner cita one night and a nice cool tempurature almost all week.  We gotta remember the little blessings and we can`t forget the blessing we recieve everyday.

I love you guys so much and God bless you all. 

Elder Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment