Saturday, January 14, 2012

Two Weeks Worth.....1/7/12 and 1/14/12 Training Replacement!

Hey Everybody!

So this email is the one I sent last week, I don't know why you guys didn't get it, but here is the one from last week:

It is crazy that all the holidays are done with and that my second round of Holidays here in Paraguay are complete.  It is a bittersweet feeling to know that time is now in months. I sometimes feel like I am running out of time!

This week was pretty good as far as the work goes we found a couple good new investigators who really have interest in the plan of salvation and what God has in store for each of us.  With our one investigator, Mirta, we are going to watch the video "Finding Faith in Christ" and explain how she can live with her husband again.  She has a monkey that is super funny, but likes to steal peoples stuff so we try not to let it take our plaques or wallets. Ha ha.

My time in the mornings has become such a blessing to me, and I want to try so hard to keep up the same schedule of study my whole life.  I was reading this morning in Ether 12 and in verse 24 it says:

"Behold, thou hast not made us mighty in bwriting like unto the brother of Jared, for thou madest him that the things which he cwrote were mighty even as thou art, unto the overpowering of man to read them."
 
It is crazy to think that because of the brother of Jared's faith he was able to write things as mighty as Jesus Christ  It is a big statement to make, but with faith anything is possible.  Here on the mission, it can be hard to keep the faith when citas fall or when investigators don't follow through, but it is soo necesary!  

I have some big news for this week!............. I will be training my replacement this next Wednesday which means that I am going to be outa here at the end of changes!! I am pretty excited to get back into the field.  I  hope I can train Elder Funk who is going to be coming in March, which would be perfect timing.  He is the elder that was in my district in the MTC, and went home and now is coming back.  I really hope I get to train him, but we will see.  Elder Manu also asked Presidente if he could train him, so it's up to the Lord.

Besides that nothing too exciting happened this week, just your normal missionary stuff.  Just loving the mission, and being excited to go out to the field and work super hard.  I love you all so much and hope you are getting over your food hangovers from the holidays!  God bless.

Love
Elder Pearson

This week......

It was a crazy week.  We had special changes and my comp Elder Thornton left and I got my replacement Elder Roberts.  He is a really good guy and is going to do well here in the office with Elder Meryhew.  We have some good stuff going here in the area.  It kinda stinks since I will leave in 3 weeks, but it is good to get things going for the other elders.  

This last week, the Assistants got a call about an elder than ran away from his companion, and left him a note saying he needed to catch some breath.  It was a crazy experience with a lot of stress and nerves.  We were on about a 4 hour search race looking for him and passing through all of his tracks asking if people had seen him.  Luckily, eventually he went back to his house and we went and picked him up.  It is sad how hard the mission can be on some kids, and that they get to the point to wanting to go home, but the mission can be hard some times.  I love it though.  It has been the most amazing experience in my life so far and I know I will always reflect on it throughout my entire life.

So basically right now, I am just training my replacement and getting ready for the campo!!! I really hope I get to train Elder Funk who is coming back. It would be such a cool experience.

I love you all so much and I am so grateful for all you guys have done for me.  God bless!

Elder Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment