Monday, January 2, 2012

Blessing to see and hear you...12/31/11

Hey everybody!!!

It was so good to see everyone who was there and to have the opportunity to hear their voices. Thank you all so much for the packages and the candy and stuff you sent.  I really loved the calendar you made Mom, with the quotes. It was a crowd favorite here in the office. Really, pictures and letters are the best things a missionary can get, but the candy didn´t hurt either.  I won't have to do grocery shopping for awhile. Last week with Christmas, and tonight with the new year, things have been really fun around here in the office.  We had the opportunity to go to Presidente's house and then tonight we are going to eat over there again.  It was a blessing to be in the office during the holidays because of all the good food.  
 
We had a good lesson with Alicia (the lady me and Elder Stevens found on the division).  She didn´t come to church last week since it was Christmas and she had other things already planned, but she told us she really wants to get to know our church and she is going to come tomorrow.  I hope that the new year parties don´t make her too tired to come to church.   Besides that we have just been working hard trying to find some new people.
 
We will see what the Lord has in store for this next year with the mission.  It is a weird thought that I am in the year that I will go home.  The time flies by way too fast.  Something I have been working on here in the mission is my love, patience and charity for other people.  Basically, my main goal is to try and become more like Jesus Christ everyday, but I have been focusing on those three things.  I won´t lie. Sometimes here in the office it can get stressful with all the other elders, and patience can be a tough thing to come by.  I have been working on it though, and I can really see a change in myself from before I left on the mission.  Not to say I have the most patience, or I am the most loving person ever, but through constant asking in prayer, and focus, I feel like I have gained more of these three Christlike attributes.  It was such a cool opportunity to bear my testimony to you over skype, something I wish I would have done more when I was home before.  I love you all so much and it was such a blessing to see you and hear you.  Tell all the kiddos that the songs were great and they made Uncle Chase smile, and tell everyone that I love them.  God bless.

Love you guys,
Elder Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment