Thursday, July 21, 2011

"This week was a good one!" 7/18/11

Hey Everybody!!!!!

First, Alyssa I got a letter that I sent you awhile ago for your birthday. I guess I put the address wrong or something, but I was bummed since I didn't get to say Happy Birthday.  SO HAPPY Birthday!!!!  It is good to hear that all the traveling went well and all are safe.  I am honesty diggin the bigote (mustache) on Russ.  I really think he should keep it going.

This week was a good one!  We had the baptism and confirmation of Sebastian and he loved it.  It was a good thing for him and for his Mom to see him get baptized and confirmed.  She isn't inactive, but I could tell that she didnt know too much about the Gospel and I really think that the lessons we had with Sebastian helped her testimony grow stronger.  We have been working really hard and have a lot of good things going right now.  Ricardo and Griselda have a date to get married and baptized on the 6th of August, and I really think they are progressing really well.  We also have been working with a man named Mariano.  He is pretty old and is a recovering alcoholic.  He really wants to change his life.  The only problem is that he doesn't understand Spanish too well, only Guarani, so we are working a lot with him.  It rained a lot this week which really slows down the work and the Copa de America is going on and Paraguay has been winning so people have been watching the games.  When soccer is on it is tough to teach!  But, it's all good because if Paraguay wins people will be in a good mood so maybe they will except the gospel more.  Ha. 

We had a lesson with a really hard investigator who is evangelist.  He started throwing scriptures at us.  We would say that we have a prophet who has told us this or that. Basically, what it always came down to was the restoration of the true Church of Jesus Christ, the same church that was on the earth before.  He just couldn't accept the restoration and the thought of prophets today.  It was a tough lesson, and it always is not the best feeling to come out of those lessons because nothing gets done, but it happens. 

Dad's story about the lady at the temple was really cool, the temple really does have some serious powers.  Everyone here knows the temple in Asuncion and always asks about it and it can be a great way to enter a lesson.  It is a true blessing.

Besides that nothing too exciting happened this week.  We are working really hard and giving everything to the Lord.  I love this gospel and am so grateful for the opportunity to testify of my Savior, Redeemer, and Brother, Jesus Christ everyday that I am here in Paraguay.  It honestly is a blessing.  I love you all so very much and God bless.

Love
Elder Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment