Wednesday, March 23, 2011

'A pretty normal week...' 3/22/11

Hey Everyone!!!

First off I want to give my Mom a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! I love you MOM!!!!

I hope you guys made it out of the snow safe and that all went well with Dad's meetings.  It is so good to hear that Alyssa was able to go through the temple.  I wish I could have been there!  She is going to have a blast on her trip to Australia.  It's also great to hear about all the kids and how they are all growing up.  Sounds like they are a ton of fun.  I'm glad Aspen and all the kids made it through church alive without Russell.  I hope Connor's feet didn`t freeze off in the ocean.  That is cool that he had his first beach experience.  Congrats to Max on getting into BYU.  We will either be on the same lacrosse team or playing against each other.

This week was pretty normal, nothing too insane or spectacular.  Our rama (branch) is doing really well and the Branch President is learning a lot.  He has been feeling the spirit really strong lately from reading his scriptures and stuff.  He loves to work now and always gets excited when we have something for him to do.  Kinda a funny story...  So this Sunday before Sacrament meeting President didn't tell me I was giving a talk, only him and Elder Sorensen were supposed to, but then when he gets up to conduct and says, "y Elder Pearson, estara' dar un discurso."  (haha)  Then he looked down at me from the pulpit and said into the mic, ``Ikatu,`` which is Guarani for, "is that possible." Kinda funny.  So I found 1 Nephi 17:13 and talked about how Jesus Christ is the light in our lives if we keep the commandments.  It was really short with a lot of messed up Spanish, but it was ok.

Sorensen and I have been working out really hard and it doesn`t really stop when we go to work either. We have to ride our bikes about 4 miles to the Branch President's house and then someone invites us over for Terere (mate) and they live up a huge hill about 2 miles away.  It gets tiring, but a good tired, like after a big game and you feel dead because you gave it your all.

Things are good here. I love it and the weather is finally cooling down somewhat.  Still not enough to call it not hot, (haha) but a little better.  I love you all so very much and am so grateful for your support and love.  God bless.

Elder Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment