Tuesday, March 8, 2011

24 People in Church on Sunday! 3/7/11

Hey Everybody,

Hope all is well up North!  Things are great here.  So as far as the work goes it is going really good.  We had 24 in church this last Sunday, the most I have seen in my three months here.  What is even better than that is that we had two deacons there to pass the Sacrament so me and Sorensen could actually bless the Sacrament and not have to pass as well.  It was awesome!  

Me and Sorensen have been working out everyday and running.  It has been really helpful and our days are always better when we workout.  Our Branch President has been soo happy lately and it is great, because before the missionaries would just do everything for him and not teach him.  We, on the other hand want to see this rama  (branch) still function after we leave, so we are doing our best to give the members as many responsibilities as possible.  My Spanish has gotten a lot better and I can almost understand everything.  Just a couple words now and then that I don`t know, but it is wayyyy better.  Next thing to tackle is talking well and then Guarani, but I have got time. 

As I was reading the BOM this week I read Enos.  It,s funny because I can spend so much time on one verse just pondering and thinking about what it relates to in my life and the lives of others.  In Enos he travels to go hunting and then starts remembering the things that his Father told him.  It made me think of how many times in my life when I go running or get a good rip sesh in with the lacrosse ball, and I have my music going,  and I am just thinking about life and what I need to do and want to do.  I just think sometimes in my life I would stay inside and watch tv and gain nothing when I could have been outside exercising my mind and my body.  haha  See what I mean.  It is weird how we can get so much out of one verse in the scriptures.  I have come to love my time sitting on the collectivo (bus) looking out the window as the cerros (hills) pass by and I get to think and ponder about my life.  I think we need those quiet personal times so that God can put the thoughts he wants to into our minds and then it is up to us to act upon them, like Enos.  He felt so prompted by the spirit that he prayed and repented and received a remission of his sins and had an unshakable faith in Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father.
 
I love you all and am so grateful for all your love and support.  Thank you for the letters and emails.  God bless you all.

Love
Elder Pearson 
  
The young women's camp theme sounds great!! I think all the girls will love it. I was wondering if in the next package you send me if you could send a pair of like dockers or khaki pants, or corderoys (I dont know how to spell that). Like the thicker ones, but not too thick.  Just because we work in the farm a lot and it would be nice to be able to wear those so that stuff doesn`t stick to them.  Also thank you for the nuggets they were really good!!! It is always nice to have a little treat around the house to have once in awhile. O and the people in the photos . OK so all the photos are from Santa Clara and the little girl is just a really cute little girl. The one of me and the family is the girl I baptized and the one of us and the three kids are the people we baptized.  Hopefully, that makes sense.   Everyone sounds amazing and it is always good to hear little stories of the cousins and nieces and nephews.  I love my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment