Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Letter received November 9th, typed into blog by mom....

Dear Mom and Dad,

Hey, so I wanted to write you to tell you of some things from my journal that I forgot to  bring with me to the computers.  Things are really good here besides my little sickness.  I love learning so much here and love talking in Spanish.  We are now down to 4 guys in the district and down to 4 weeks left in the MTC.  It is crazy how fast the time goes here.  I was so excited to hear from Weston about Connor and I know he will be a great father.  I hope all goes well with Connor’s health.  He will be in my prayers.  Mom, thank you so much for the package.  I also got the flip charts and they are great!  I am so grateful for the chance I have to serve the people of Paraguay and tell them that they have a loving Heavenly Father.  I had the chance to watch the Joseph Smith movie again and thought about that last scene again when the words come up on the screen and they always pump me up.  Joseph Smith gave so much and went through so much to restore God’s true church and to spread it.  What is two years out of my life?  Basically, I should never complain and always remember why I am here.  Our devotional from Richard G. Scott was amazing and he talked on spiritual impressions.  One thing that I picked out was that the more we listen to the spirit, the more we will receive guidance from it.  He also said that pondering is an important part of being led by the spirit.  M. Russell Ballard tod us that we need to become excellent communicators and he told us that the Holy Ghost is the teacher of divine truth.  I know the things these men have said are messages from God.  I love this gospel and can’t wait to get to Paraguay.

Love,
Elder Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment