Monday, October 8, 2012

Last Email Home! 10/6/12



Hey Everybody,
I guess for lunch I am honestly willing to eat anywhere, Maybe a burger and fries from Inn and Out would be nice. Ha. I don't know yet. Mom for dinner I would love chicken enchiladas if possible!
Tonight I am getting on a bus to go to Asuncion. I will get there at about 5 in the morning and then we are going to visit some converts and members that I grew close to. Since my plane leaves so early in the morning I got permission to go see them because they can't go to the airport. I am going to be doing that all day tomorrow (Tuesday) and then on Wednesday I am going to the temple with President and the Hermana, to have dinner with them, have my last interview, and then sleep to get on the plane Thursday morning.
It is a weird feeling going to the Cyber for the last time here in Paraguay, but here goes my last email. Honestly, I think it is hard to describe, and even harder to understand, what it feels like to be so close to the end of your mission. It is scary, exciting, sad, happy, tired, a mix of a ton of different emotions. I have learned a lot on my mission, and even though it was full of great happy events, I think I learned the most from the hard times. The mission is physically, emotionally, spiritually, and mentally taxing, and you really learn a lot about yourself and the Lord when you´re having a hard time. I will talk about it more in my homecoming talk I think, but if we let the Lord, he can shape us with difficulties and challenges in life.
I know that God loves us, and that this church is true. I didn't have the chance to watch all of conference on Saturday or Sunday, but with the little I did see and the chance I had to see the Prophet speak, I know that he is a prophet of God, and I know that we have the same organization that existed in Christ's church. I have grown to love the Book of Mormon, even though I don't have it memorized and still lack a lot of studying, I know it is true, and the spirit of God made me feel that it is true. I love you all so much and can't thank you enough for the support and letters and everything you have done for me. God bless.
6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
7 I have fought a good afight, I have bfinished my course, I have kept the faith:
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a acrown of brighteousness, which the Lord, the righteous cjudge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
2 Timothy 4
Love Elder Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment