Thursday, June 23, 2011

"WARM MILK WITH SUGAR" 6/13/11

¿Mbae ta kopio?

First off I want to say Happy Fathers Day to Dad, to my brothers, and the rest of the family since I won't be able to tell you next Sunday.  Also thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for the package and everyone for the letters they all really do mean a lot to me.  Ha and that Australian black liquorice stuff is really good.  It is fun to hear how the Sacramento Mission works and how things are going with the work there in California.  I am also glad to hear that camp is finally arriving so that Mom can have a little time to tranquilize... ha.  I am glad to hear that Weston's big catering job was successful.

It's funny you brought up about Emily going to the Bat Mitsvah, because I tell a lot of people here that I have been to other churches.  It really is a blessing that we lived in New Jersey and I was able to experience the things I did.  It is funny to see the reaction to some missionaries here who haven't really seen churches outside of  Utah.  I tell them that there were only like 4 of us in my high school who were LDS and that almost all my friends were other religions.  Honestly I dont think I would be the same person I am today without those experiences.  A lot of times people think that we are members of this church because our parents made us or because our parents were members.  They use it as an excuse to say, "Well, that's why I am Catholic."  So I tell them,  "No, we are members of this church because we know it is true, because we asked God our Heavenly Father.  I tell them that I have been to other churches.  I have experienced the Catholic mass a few times, I have been to Jewish services and been to  non-denominational churches.  I am just grateful for those experiences I had at the other churches so that I could know for myself that the true church, the same church that was on the earth when Jesus Christ was on the earth, is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

This week was kind of a rougher week.  The work has been a little tough and we had a really cool investigator fall.  We walked into the cita and he had a pamphlet in his hand with stuff about our church.  Basically his biggest doubt was the Book of Mormon.  We did our best to explain to him how the Book of Mormon is mentioned in the Bible.  We read John 10:16 and the one about the sticks, and I could tell he was thinking about it, but then he changed the subject and said no thanks pretty much.  But, we testified and left the copy of the Book of Mormon and invited him to read and pray and to ask God if it was true.  We will see what happens. 

Besides that we have just been working hard with the investigators that we have, still making sure they understand what we are teaching them.  My Spanish has gotten better. I can understand everything and just need to keep studying and practicing.  Oh yeah, and one night we were at Herman o Paredes' house and he asked us if we wanted some milk to drink and then without waiting for a reply, he just got it anyway.  But, it was pure milk, like straight from the cow, like still warm.  He gave it to us and asked if we wanted sugar, and I replied, YES! It was tough to get down, and reminded me of the Mbarukuja juice I had in Yby Yau and then threw up in the middle of the night. We lifted our spoons out of the glasses and a huge glob of fat was just floating at the top of the milk.  No wonder Dad doesn't really like milk.

Something cool I read in the conference talk by Dallin H. Oaks of this last conferance.  His talk was called Desires.

´´Desires dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions.´´  It was a really good talk!  He also said to remember that we will be judged according to our desires.  I don't know, kinda cool.
 I love you guys and hope all goes well with camp. I am sure it will. Tell everyone I say hello and give Camden, Ashlyn, Allie and Kelsie a kiss and a hug for me when you go.  I love all you guys and God Bless.

Love  Elder Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment