Sunday, January 2, 2011

P-Day Email - Monday, Dec. 27, 2010

Hey Everybody!

It was so good to hear from all of the family and to hear how everyone is doing.  It sounded like Christmas was really fun and that the grandkids were cute.  Thanks for getting the cardboard cutout of me.  I appreciate your concern for me to be in the pictures.  I hope everyone gets home safely when they go.  Thanks for the package too,  Mom and Dad.  I really appreciate it and so did the mouse. (Ha ha)  But seriously, it was a great package!  Also, thank you so much for the Testimony Tree! It was great to hear everyones' testimony and I am glad I have it to read whenever I need a pick me up.

Christmas in Paraguay is a little different from America. Some people exchange gifts, but really only the chuchi families, and everyone gets drunk - which is kinda like America.  But it was fun.  We went to Pedro Juan on Christmas Eve and had a huge dinner at this really rich member's home. They made this meat that was unreal, like beef chicken sausage and they made a ton of side stuff.  They are a really nice family.  Then we went back to our house and hung out with everyone.  We woke up and made PANCAKES which were awesome and some eggs and bacon.  It was a good Christmas!  Oh yeah, and everyone here loves fireworks.  Like they are constantly going off even when there is not a holiday.  When we were at church the other week some drunk guy came up to the window and just started laughing.  It was pretty funny because he didn´t say anything, just started laughing for like a minute and then left.  Church was good yesterday. Luckily we had the District President there so they filled up the chapel some.  We have really been getting into a lot of houses, just no one wants to put the work and it gets extremely frustrating, but I know it will come through hard work.

Nothing too crazy happened this week,  just a normal working week.  It was super hot again, but it always is.  Oh yeah. There is this dance club behind our house. Like the walls of our house and the dance club touch and it was open on Christmas night.  We didn´t really get to sleep until 1 AM, but it's all good.  I don´t understand though why they feel like they need that much bass in their songs.  It is crazy, and the songs have the weirdest sounds in them, like frogs ribitting and cowboys and stuff.

Hey Mom,  I would love to hear from Chris or just get his emails from Peru.  So if you could get them that would be awesome.  Sorry, I will get pictures to you next week.  I brought my camera, but forgot to bring the cord to get them onto the computer.  I took some pictures of the dinner and some of our house and stuff.

I love it here in Paraguay. The sunsets everytime we come back from Pedro Juan are so pretty, it's crazy.  I hope I never take it for granted.  It is crazy to think that 3 weeks have already passed here in Paraguay.

I am so grateful to have you guys as my family.  It was so great to hear from you guys and it really gave me a good boost for the work.  Even though the language is really difficult, I know it will come.  I have been praying really sincerely on my mission and I can tell that I have grown closer to my Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.  I know we pray often and that it may sometimes seem easier to say a recited prayer, but if you think about the fact that you are talking to your Heavenly Father, and think about what you need and want from him, then you will be blessed and will feel his love more strongly in your life.  I love this gospel and am, so grateful to have it in my life.  Remember that God is always there for you when you need him.  I love you all so much!!

Love Elder Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment