Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January 10, 2011

Hey Everybody!!!!!

First of all, I wanted to say thanks for all of the packages.  I want to say thank you to the Dudleys and Justin and Nikki for the packages.  And I also want to say thank you to my Grandmas and Grandpas for their letters and gifts.  I love all you guys!!!!

So Mom,  I hope you enjoyed the Jersey pizza because you better believe I am jealous!!  Dad, I hope you start feeling better and that all goes well with your meeting.  Alyssa, Australia will be soooooo SICK!!!! Look for Elder Webster while you are there if you go to Brisbane (long shot I know).

Mom, my debit card didn´t work last week for some reason.  It said something like the system was down, but idk.  I haven't tried it today so I will see. 
 
I want to give a shout out to my buddy JOSH NELSON!!!! for his birthday! Happy Birthday man,  love you!

OK so this week has been soooooo freaking HOT!!!  No joke the hottest weather hands down that I have ever been in.  I am soooo burnt!!!!  The Chivivis have been hitting hard too because we had to drink all the water given to us because it was so hot...
 
So about two weeks ago we ran into this guy named Bernave who said he wanted us to come by his house, so we said, "Tranquilo, sounds good."  However, we couldn´t find his house and we gave up because it was a pretty far walk.  Then about a week later we saw him again and he said the old missionaries used to come by all the time and we said we needed better directions.  So we got them and began our journey.  About 4 miles later we finally found his house!!! And sure enough, he wasn´t there.  My comp said that his house was probably the most rural area that I would ever be in and it was literally out in the middle of nowhere.  So we start to talk to his family and then they tell us they have started their own church on their property! WHAT?  So we were like 'Oooooook.'  So basically we walked out super far to see a little family church. 

I was able to be apart of a blessing out here which was pretty cool.  I didn´t give it, but I was able to be apart of it.  It was for Rosalina, one of our most faithful members. She was pretty sick.  Also there is this guy named Victor here in Yby Yau.  He owns a little store that has empanadas and things and he has the most awesome family ever!  He is such a hard working man and is a great father, which is sometimes not easy to find here in Paraguay.  His kids are tight and his youngest one is really funny.  He came up to Elder Gage and I and started smelling our shirts. It was hilarious.  I dont know why he was doing it, but it was really funny because he was totally serious and just wanted to see what we smelled like.

It is crazy to think that I am already almost done with my first change.  I don´t know what will happen, but I heard that people have been in areas really long times before, but most of the time not.  So we will see if I get changed out or not.  I am doing a division this week with a Latin elder from Peru, Elder Jiminez.  He is awesome and it will really help my Spanish out a lot to speak with him.  On Sunday night I got to eat chicken hearts and chicken liver which was really good!! I started eating it and then they told me what it was, but it was really tasty.  I got a letter from Elder Johns and it was great to see pictures and hear from him.  He is doing amazing!   

Well that's what is going on out here in Paraguay.  It is hot, but I love it here and we are working really hard. The time has gone by so fast already and I know that the rest of my two years will fly so I want to work my hardest.  I love this gospel and I love the feeling I get from teaching and bearing my testimony of a loving and living Jesus Christ.  I tell myself to BE ELECT! and to try and make Satan feel like a Macareno.  LOVE YOU GUYS! God Bless.
Love, Elder Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment